I’m pretty stoked! Emerald City Comicon is coming up next month, and I get to be on two panels!! [Two panels = two exclamation points.]
I’d never been to a comicon before Rose City Comicon last September, which was a fun/overwhelming/exhausting experience. I got worn out just walking around in the crowds. Emerald City is much bigger, so I’m glad I got to practice at RCCC.
If you’ll be at the con on Thursday (3/2) and find yourself looking for some fun panels, be sure to stop by:
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Inconceivable!: A Game of Nerdery and Nonsense
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM (in the program as 3:45, but we moved it back 15 minutes)
I’ll be spending the next few days at the ever-fantastic HP Lovecraft Film Festival. It’s always a fun time, and there are tons of great movies and panels I can’t wait to catch.
If you want to catch up with me, here’s my schedule:
Friday, 4-6 pm
Meet-n-Greet at Sam’s Billiards.
Saturday, 10 am
Carbload for Cthulhu Mass Signing (at the EOD)
Weird Tales: Beyond HP (at the EOD)
Teaching History Through Games (at the EOD)
Sunday, 9:30 pm
Reading with Andrew S. Fuller and Adam Scott Glancy (at the EOD)
It ought to be tentacular!
Orycon is my local sf/f convention, and I love it. I always have a great time! This year looks like it’s going to be just as fun as ever, and I’ve got a pretty packed schedule. If you’re going to be at the convention, I hope I get a chance to say hi!
Here’s my schedule:
Friday, November 7th
- 12:30 pm — Wendy N. Wagner reading — Grant
- 4:00 pm — Spaceships, Colonists, and Castaways — Madison
- 5:00 pm — Loving Your Villain — Roosevelt
- 8:00 pm — The Games Are Afoot: Sherlock vs Elementary Throwdown — Hamilton
Saturday, November 8th
- 1:00 pm — Freaking Me Out, Not Grossing Me Out — Idaho
- [helping with the Writers Workshop during the afternoon]
- 7:00 pm — Writing & Art for the RPG Industry — Morrison
- 8:00 pm — SHATTERED SHIELDS anthology launch — Orycon Suite 1570
Sunday, November 9th
- 11:00 am — Writing in Other People’s Worlds — Morrison
- 1:00 pm — Women Role Models in SF — Hawthorne
Sunday, November 9th — 4:00 pm — Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing
Over two dozen NW sf/f writers and visiting members of the Cloud City Garrison!
I’m really looking forward to meeting lots of great people and getting my geek on!