Whoo-hoooooo! It’s award season! And since I went to WorldCon this year, I actually GET TO NOMINATE for the Hugos again, even though I can’t make it to Chicon (insert sad face here). I’m still mulling over all the possibilities of what I’ll be nominating, so feel free to send me some recommendations!
As for me personally, I did have a few stories published in 2011:
- “Cold Iron and Green Vines,” Beneath Ceaseless Skies. (May 2011)
- “A Tiny Grayness in the Dark,” Subversion. Bart R. Lieb, ed. Crossed Genres. (December 2011)
- “Curvature of the Witch House,” Innsmouth Magazine. (Oct 2011)
- “The Last Doll War,” Three-Lobed Burning Eye. (Sept 2011)
- “Solitary Instinct,” Beast Within 2. Jennifer Brozek, ed. Graveside Tales. (July 2011)
- “Blue Locks,” Scape. (October 2011)
I think all of these guys are Hugo-eligible, and “Cold Iron” is Nebula-eligible. “Curvature of the Witch House,” “The Last Doll War,” and “Solitary Instinct” would qualify for the Bram Stoker, as they are all dark or horror-licious. Oh, and I’m in my last year as a contender for John W. Campbell award!